25 April 2011

Generosity...in gifts and belly

So this past month I was blessed to have two baby showers. One was with my book club. I love this book club and each of the women who are in it with me. I have been in this book club for 4 or 4+ years and I love it more each month. Each girl brings a new perspective on the book we read and on life in general. We all agree that we have a special group.



My sister also hosted another baby shower for me in which I was able to see several cousins, friends, and family members. It was fantastic. Lots of good food and an overabundance of generous gifts. I feel very fortunate to be having this sweet little baby girl and to have so many people giving me gifts to help bring her into the world. So a big thank you to everyone who participated in my baby showers, I loved seeing each of you.


Another great thing that happened this month, my nephew was born to my younger brother NH and his wife Ashley. This is my...let's see 18th nephew, but we are always glad to have another one. And we were so glad to get to go to the hospital and see him the day after he was born. He is adorable, makes fantastic cooing noises, and made me all the more excited for my own baby.

So here I am on Easter Sunday, 37 weeks pregnant and looking every day of it. And if you could see my the bottom of my legs where by ankles once used to live you would understand that I truly am 37 weeks pregnant. Baby Clark is due to be born on May 13th, which happens to be Friday the 13th, so cross your fingers and hope that I have her that day...she will be my lucky baby. And while you are here looking go ahead and take a good look at my very handsome husband who rubs my aching back for me whenever I ask, helps me off the couch, picks things up off the floor for me, and is always willing to wait for me to use the bathroom one more time before we leave the house.

 

2 comments:

Delaps said...

You look great, but oh how I bet you are ready to be able to sit normally again. It is the strangest sensation to feel normal again! Can't wait.

Derek and Emily said...

You do look great! Our book club is the best! Maybe we'll get to meet baby Clark at our next book club. No pressure though if you need a little down time! Can't wait to hear your birthing story. Happy pushing!!!