08 April 2009

It's not all politics in our house, but...

It's not all politics in our house, but tonight I am preparing for the communications class I teach. Tomorrow we will be analyzing political ads, and specifically ads from the 2008 presidential election. As I have been meandering through the web, I have found many interesting things. One, Hillary Clinton's campaign ads are not available online anymore. I have searched several sources, and cannot find any, plenty of spoofs, but none of her official ads, interesting I think. But that isn't actually the reason for this post. I found this website that has tracked the money donations from specific industries for the last group of candidates and I thought it was very interesting. I am sure there are many sites that track this info, but I thought I would give you a link just so you could look. It is amazing how much money is donated and interesting to see what industries give who what money. Anyways, have a look, the site is called OpenSecrets.org

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Thanks for the website link. I agree, it is very telling to see who is cutting the checks.