09 August 2009

Little Critters


For those of you who don't know, my wife absolutely loves little critters. And by that I really mean all animals of any kind. Seeing cats, dogs, birds, even cows will fill her with glee. Thus, it is to her great pleasure that we have a family of quail living in our backyard. In fact, she has even named them the Murphys. I must admit that watching 9 or 10 little puff-balls (chicks) following their parents was one of the cutest things that I have ever seen. The little babies just looked like fluff with legs. Ever since, Caroline has been stalking them trying to get a picture, but they are rather elusive. This one shot with the telephoto is all she has been able to capture thus far, but the hunt continues.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

It's true, I do love the animals. There is just something about them that makes me smile.

Jessie said...

Lil' baby kitties. Pfft. Aaah.

Caroline said...

Oh Jessie, I so know what you are referring to, and I appreciate you only writing that on the blog...enough for me to know what you are talking about, but nobody else.

Kelly said...

So cute! I would love to hear the cat story, but I might already know it.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Only Caroline would have named each and every one of her quail family. You do bring a smile to my face.