17 June 2009

Summertime when the living is easy...

Just thought I would share a few day to day things that are going on at the Clark house this week. On Monday I trimmed the overgrown rose bush in the front yard. The great thing about that was I ended up with three various bouquets of roses for the house. Granted I had to kill about 10 earwigs that came in on the flowers, which I hate (earwigs that is), but I think it was worth it.


Monday evening Brad and I went out and picked as many cherries out of our cherry tree as we could manage with a stool, a very unsteady latter, and limited tree climbing abilities (note to self: wear shoes, rather than flip-flops when trying to climb trees). Today I am making some cherry jelly, which I have never had before, and tomorrow I plan to bottle the rest. I am hoping that the cherry jelly will be delicious and go well on things like the Cranberry-Orange Scones I made Monday afternoon (yes, that was a shameless plug for my cooking blog: twolittlechefs)


ps...if you want another one of our crazy neighbor stories please ask, and refer to our cherry tree

6 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful roses and also how fun to have a cherry tree! What a great yard. :)

John-David and Kathryn said...

Caroline
Beautiful roses. Look how domestic you are. Jarring cherries, make jelly, it's like Martha Stewart lives at your house. I do love a crazy neighbor story because heaven knows we have had our fair share. You'll have to tell that one. Oh and Happy birthday on the 26th of May... or was it the 24th? Anyways, I thought about it for weeks but yet I never sent you a greeting. So happy birthday.

Rachel said...

I love the roses! I've never had cherry jelly. I bet it tastes delicious!

Delaps said...

Wow that does look a little precarious. Bring some of the jelly to O Canada in August. Mmm

Kelly said...

Nice tree picture. I'm impressed about the canning/jam making. We'll volunteer to taste test if you need any done.

Brad said...

I had never had cherry jam either, but it is fabulous!