05 March 2009

Goodbye to Kohls...So Sad

Perhaps you have heard, perhaps you haven't but Candies brand clothing (which is a brand for young girls) sold exclusively at Kohl's has signed a contract with Briteny Spears to co-promote her latest Circus tour and the clothing brand at the same time.

One paper writes,“Britney is authentic and relevant, personifying the Candie’s brand,” Gardner said.

Sad that they think Britney is the personification of what they want their brand to be. Here are some of Britney's wonderful charactersitics, which I got off Dr. Lauras blog...

* Her first marriage lasted 55 hours.
* Her second marriage lasted a bit longer
* She posed in the nude for Harper’s Bazaar
* She flashed a naked crotch at photographers getting out of her car
* She has been busted for drug use
* She lost custody of her children because of child endangerment issues

I know that when I have young girls this is the role model I will choose for them. If you dare, here is a picture of her from her latest Circus tour that Candies and thus Kohl's is helping to promote.

The reason I am sad: I like shopping at Kohl's. I think that they have great deals and cute clothes, but I can't support this. I can't support placing Britney Spears as a role model for young girls. So I won't shop there anymore and I plan to send Kohl's a letter letting them know. I would suggest you do the same. You can write to:

Jessica Swearingen
Kohl’s Customer Correspondence Coordinator
E-mail: cscc.escalated@kohls.com

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That's really disappointing. I really like Kohl's as well, but I don't like this new bit of info. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to send a letter as well!

Alexis said...

OH NO!! i got a 30% off coupon there since I have their card and we bought an awesome suit for Ian yesterday for $100!! I think I will write the company just so they can drop Britney and I can start shoppping there again! I looked it up and sure enough, there was Britney's scanadlous self on the kohls website:*( THANKS FOR THE NEWS!!!! j/k

Lanenga Family said...

It's a sad world...

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

I can't believe that Kohl's wants to have anything to do with Britney Spears. This is sad.