15 September 2008

Birthday Present - A Boring LOOKING Car

Yesterday Caroline asked my what I wanted for my birthday. It may sound like a simple question, but really it is on the same level as yi+1 = yi + (xn/2)(a - yi2) or what is the meaning of life. I am one of those people who only wants stuff they need. No room for random jive around here, except for maybe a few really expensive toys. Thus the only thing that came to mind was a 2009 Audi RS6. I would be equally happy with either the sedan or the wagon. Personally, I think that the sedan looks better, but since we would have to live in it the wagon is probably a better choice.


In case you are asking yourself what on earth an Audi RS6 is let me explain. You take a normal looking sedan or station wagon and then you drop a Lamborghini Gallardo engine into it (Lamborghini and Audi are both owned by VW). To me this is the perfect car for so many reasons. Most important it is amazing to drive and second you look like you are in a normal car, so you can smoke unsuspecting victims and you don't look ostentatious while doing it. Ahhh, the stuff dreams are made of...

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Long ago I told Brad that when I made my first $600,000 I would buy him an Infiniti G35. He always updates me on the car he wants at the time, just incase that 600K shows up one day

Travis said...

If you want a boring looking car that moves pretty good, there's always the new WRX. I think the most recent re-design is a criminal action. Maybe your neighbor did it.

Kelly said...

Good luck trying to find him a present Caroline - you're smart to start thinking about it so early!

ty said...

B. I'm not an audio/vw fan by any means, but taking a ride in a gallardo a few weeks ago changed my mind and I definitely respect your family-oriented decision and open mindedness to even get the wagon model. I hope Caroline respects your values and rewards you accordingly. (then let me take a ride in it!)

Caroline said...

Perhaps if you could chip in a few dollars, we could get Brad this car as a combined birthday gift. We would be happy to drive up to Canada and let you take a spin in it. Just make out the check to me; if you need our mailing address just let me know!