06 September 2008

My name is Brad and I am an addict...


So as you may or may not know, I love cars, all kinds of cars, American, European, Asian, whatever. For me it is more about the car itself than the brand. I love to see the new styles, I love to learn who just surpassed who in the horse power race, and who has just come up with what cool new technology to make cars better. There is pretty much always some new and interesting to discover, from the amazing new Nissan GT-R to Lotus' amazing engine that can pretty much burn anything, including alcohol. Thus, it was to my utter amazement and Caroline's disbelief that one day I discovered that I could get paid to read about cars and pass along what I find. Thus began my current occupation as an automotive researcher extrodinaire.

Now I do my best to keep my car addiction in check, but I have been known to occassionally 'get going' in much the same way parents can about their kids or my dear wife sometimes does about schedule xy and revision b39 from the warehouse for Jimbo Inc. I suppose that is what happens when you spend a great deal of time involved in anything, like a flock of teens gaggling about...well whatever it is that holds their attention for a few days.

Anyway, I am just giving everyone a heads up that some of my excessive time with cars may spill out onto these posts. Such as how could Jaguar be so foolish as to turn their XF into a Dodge Intrepid clone when the more aggressive looking concept won such acclaim or how shameless Honda was in copying the Prius with their new rendition of the hybrid only Insight. I mean sure the hood and grill are taken almost straight off of their Clarity Fuel Cell car, but the rest is all Prius.

So for all you car lovers I am eager to hear about whatever makes you salivate or rant, and for the rest of you hopefully my life will be diverse enough to enthral and entertain you as well.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Most of that was over my head, but whatever floats your boat. When it comes to cars I'm more likely to notice the shine and colour. Hmm... a life lesson perhaps in our two views.

Lanenga Family said...

I just melt when I see Canadian cars...