23 September 2008

A Little Bit of Everything


This Saturday I did something that I haven't done since I was a kid: go to a gun show. Sometimes as a kid my Dad and I would go to the gun show together. It was more for him, but I always got excited about the military jive you see there. The funny thing is that I went with Caroline's Dad and when I called my Dad to tell him, he happened to be at a gun show up in Calgary. Hewas so proud of his son following in his footsteps. : )

The really interesting thing about going to the gun show is that you see people from every walk of life and I mean every. I cannot recall another place with such a diverse collection of characters and normal people. You have normal dads and kids, preppy rich people, red necks, old men, hunters, gangsters, gothic people, punk teenagers, veterans, and mountain men who look like they just walked out of the bush and into the convention center wearing clothes they made themselves out of something they shot.


One of the funniest and scariest moments was when I saw two Mexican gangsters, complete with tatoos and huge diamond earings, looking like kids in a candy store as they tested out their shoulder harnesses that held a Glock on each side. I wanted to laugh and then call the cops and tell them to follow the guys to the hit they were getting ready for. It was quite a show and the guns were pretty cool too.



While my Dad ended up buying two guns, at least that was all he admited to, I didn't buy anything. I didn't go home empty handed though, my father-in-law bought me 250 rounds of 9mm ammo and I am already thinking about the smell of gun powder. Ahhh, a Sig is a beautiful thing.
I hope you enjoy the lovely video of my gorgeous wife doing her best Erkle impression.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think it's funny that you and Dad were both at gun shows on the same day.
Let us know when you go shooting next!

Caroline said...

I would just like to say that the video of me is truly me looking my best! Last night when Brad was posting it I just laughed so hard at myself my eyes were tearing up. I just look soooo good, it is startiling how good I looked!!