01 October 2008

Missing the Moment


Do you ever have a perfect opportunity, but then you realize too late or mess it up. I sure did yesterday. Caroline and I went up into the Canyon, for a drive on the Alpine loop. We had stopped and were taking a few pictures and then decided to set up our tripod to take some pictures of us together. Then it appeared out of no where, a Ferrari F430 Convertible, just casually gliding along. Its yellow blending in beautifully with the golden leaves, the light shining through them, angels singing...and all I could do was gawk. Caroline was stunned that I wasn't firing off pictures and when she said something it snapped me out of my reverie. It was a perfect setup and I could already see in my mind the kind of photo Ferrari marketers dream about. So I pushed the button, but it was still on self-timer and merely started beeping. My brain was still a little fuzzy from the glorious scene, so by the time I got the camera back into regular shooting mode the car was around the corner, its spectacular engine note still taunting me. Aaarg!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

It really was the perfect car picture. Black top road, sun shining through golden colored leaves, and a shiny, expensive car. It was sad that we missed that photo op. We really had the tripod set as if we were there to photograph that car.

Kelly said...

That's a sad story!